As you might know by now I am studying nutrition and dietetics in The Hague. The course is really interesting to me because all of my classmates have got a different opinion on what healthy entails. One of my classmates is a bodybuilder and eats loads of quark and chicken but my other classmate (and friend) is very interested in chia seeds, wheatgrass juices and other superfoods. Now, it is this friend who gave me the recipe for these delicious peanut butter oatmeal cookies. I was surprised at first because I never saw her eating anything that’s considered bad for your health. But, she told me these cookies are as healthy as cookies can get (I am not sure if I agree with her but alrighty…) and so I decided to share this recipe with you guys! I know how y’all love some good old peanut butter, so here it goes.
What do you need?
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2/3 cup of brown suger (preferably sugar cane)
- A splash of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Whatever you like: raisins, dark chocolate (chips), hazelnuts, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit;
- Mix the oats with the baking soda;
- Mix the peanut butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer until it’s smooth. Add the oats and baking soda and extra ingredients such as raisins or dark chocolate (chips);
- Roll the cookies into tiny balls and flatten them with your hand onto the baking sheet;
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
Not a big fan of rolled oats? Put the oats in a food processor and turn it into an oat flour.
And that’s it! These cookies are super easy to make and it’s easy to tweak the recipe to your liking. Let me know in the comments how your cookies have turned out if you decided to bake them too.
Enjoy or as we say in the Netherlands: ‘eet smakelijk’!
Don’t forget to follow me by using your favorite social media tool. If you’re not a fan of social media, but would like to follow “The journey to my personal legend”, scroll down the page and click on the ‘sign me up!’ button. After this you will receive updates by mail.