If you need to lose more than 15 kg’s, keeping up your motivation can be quite a difficult challenge. At one point during your weightloss journey you will, most likely, lose your motivation and forget what you’re doing it for. A motivation board with inspiring quotes and pictures can help you to stay focused. I have one Pinterest board with all kinds of amazing quotes and pictures to help me keep going. But for me, that’s not enough. I need a constant reminder of my journey so I made two physical pinboards. One hangs in my room and is dedicated to a healthy lifestyle, being disciplined, etc. The other board hangs in the attic, thé place where I workout, and pushes me trough Insanity, 30 Day Shred and all that other craziness. Since it works so well for me I though you guys might be able to benefit from it as well.
So, what do you need to make your motivation board? That is totally up to you! You can start one on Pinterest, make a collage and us it as a screen saver or you can buy a pinboard/magnetboard and fill it up. It’s what I did and to tell you the truth it kinda makes me feel like a teenager again. Instead of hanging posters of Westlife and Hilary Duff on the wall I get all crafty with this healthy living madness.
There are millions things that you could hang on your board and you can make it as pretty (or ugly… I mean, who’s judging?) as you like. Just do whatever works for you! Here are a couple of ideas you could pin:
- A workout schedule or challenge
- A list with clean products (there are no excuses)
- Your daily and/or weekly menu (abs are made in the kitchen after all)
- Your weight goals
- Inspiring quotes
- Pictures of bodies which inspire you (I am obsessed with P!nk and how great she looks. Other faves are Gwen Stefani and Vanessa Hudgens)
- Tickets or discount coupons for events/classes you would go to or take once you’ve reached a certain weight (the spa, hot yoga or perhaps a surfing camp)
- A bathing suit, dress, jacket or anything you want to fit into (again) and feel comfortable in
- If you are going to participate in a race or have something major to look forward to: make a little calendar or countdown list (or better yet, just use your race number!). Make sure you keep an eye on that important date! Time seems to fly by these days…
My pinboards are far from perfect and I tend to change them every once in while. I’ll keep you updated when I do. I’m sure I’ll get creative again very soon. Below you can find pictures of the motivation board which hangs in my room.
The image you see above was taken from a Dutch magine, Flow. It’s a quote from Paulo Coelho, an amazing writer. The quote says:
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end”
The two tickets you see hanging on the board are discount tickets for a spa. I can’t wait to go but I simply don’t feel very ready for it at the moment.
About the the other board which hangs in the attic… yeah, I’m not sure about this one… But it’s only fair to show you. My ultimate fitspiration is P!nk. Whenever I think about the video for ‘Try’ I simply want to move my (big) butt. And of course I decided to pin a workout schedule. Though I have to admit I didn’t really do anything with it. Ah well, you know what they say, right?
“Reach for the moon. Even if you miss you’ll land among the stars”
Since I am absolutly loving motivation boards I decided to create a board on Pinterest for it: Healthy Lifestyle – Motivation Boards. Below I’ve posted a couple of pics pinned on there. It might give you a little extra inspiration. When you click on the image it will bring you to the (original) source.
What would be the very first thing you would hang on your pinboard?
Don’t forget to follow me by using your favorite social media tool. If you’re not a fan of social media, but would like to follow “The journey to my personal legend”, scroll down the page and click on the ‘sign me up!’ button. After this you will receive updates by mail.